Important Information and Extras to the published fees. Please read…
- Most of our properties are let from Saturday to Saturday. If there is a variation to this it will be stated in the property description.
- Unless otherwise stated in an individual description bed linen, towels and tea towels are NOT provided and holidaymakers must provide their own. Of course, duvets and/or blankets are provided in every property.
- No property owner can accept more members of any holiday party than the number specified in the brochure and on your booking form. However, a child in a cot is normally an accepted addition.
- Bookings usually commence at 2pm on a Saturday and terminate at 10 am on the day of departure.
- Weekends are usually available outside of the peak period but please note that our owners will not commit themselves to a weekend booking too far in advance – for example, please don’t try and book August Bank Holiday in April.
- We are continually taking on fresh property.
- VAT (where applicable) is INCLUDED in the brochure fee. If, at any time the government increase the VAT rate, we reserve the right to pass on this increase to our customers.
- All properties in this brochure have been inspected to verify their suitability for letting but no warranties as to their state or condition can be given. Some of them have been independently assessed by the Wales Tourist Board.
- Shaw’s Holidays were founded in 1971 and have preserved their excellent professional reputation throughout over holiday seasons.
- Once we confirm your booking it is essential you comply with all the instructions therein.
- Should you wish to make amendments to a confirmed booking we will charge you a £15.00 administration fee which will also be charged for replacement confirmations if you misplace the original.
- Once you’ve made the original booking and paid a deposit, if you then wish to pay the outstanding balance using a CREDIT card we will levy an additional charge to cover the cost to us. . Please note that this will not apply in the case of a booking scheduled to start within eight weeks as full payment is required at the time the booking is made.
- Please read our Booking Conditions below carefully before booking.
EXTRAS TO THE BROCHURE FEE
- BOOKING FEE On top of the published fee we charge a £30 booking fee.
- CANCELLATION PROTECTION To safeguard the majority of your outlay in respect of the holiday we also charge for our Compulsory Cancellation Protection cover which protects most of the payment or projected payment made by you should you be forced to cancel your holiday for one of the reasons shown below. The cost of the Cancellation Cover varies in relation to the brochure fee
If you already have alternative travel insurance please notify us at the time of booking.
Weekly Cost of Holiday Weekly cost of Cancellation Protection Up to £100 £10 £100 - £199 £15 £200 - £299 £20 £300 - £399 £25 £400 - £499 £30 £500+ £35
- Cover up to an including the day before you are due to commence your holiday
- Full refund of brochure fee and booking fee should you cancel for one of the reasons shown below
- Optional Redundancy Cover payment of only £10.00
You are covered if you cancel for one of these reasons:
Death / hospitalisation / serious injury / illness of any member of the holiday party or close relative of any member of the holiday party.
Any member of the holiday party being summonsed for jury service
The main exclusions to the cover are: Cancellations which arise due to known pregnancy at the time of booking, epidemic, pandemic, war, civil disturbance, nuclear contamination, oil spillage, petrol shortage, or for any other reason whatsoever. There is no cover for holiday curtailment for any reason whatsoever.
If you think you may have to cancel your holiday please telephone and then confirm in writing as soon as possible. Any appropriate documentary evidence can be forwarded in due course. Only on receipt of the appropriate documentation (a medical note etc) will Shaw’s Holidays be in a position to refund all monies paid (except the charge for the Cancellation Cover).
Please read carefully before booking:
- Shaw’s Holidays only act as Letting Agents for those instructing them to let the property (hereinafter called “the Clients”), and under no circumstances will they be responsible for any loss, expense, damage, injury, accident or inconvenience, howsoever caused to any person or any member of that person’s family or party (hereinafter called “the Hirers” ) hiring accommodation from the Clients.
- Whilst every care has been taken to ensure that the details of the accommodation in this brochure are correct. Shaw’s Holidays cannot accept liability for any errors or omissions contained herein, or the consequences thereof.
- As soon as the booking is confirmed in writing by Shaw’s Holidays the Hirers become liable for the full hiring fee for the letting.
- Any cancellation must be made in writing to Shaw’s Holidays as soon as possible so that immediate attempts may be made to re-let.
- The number of persons sleeping in or making use of any accommodation, let by Shaw’s Holidays, must not exceed the number of persons permitted as stated in this brochure. The exact number of persons will be stated on the booking form and the Clients will not be obliged to accept a greater number even if there is room available at the accommodation let to the Hirers. Unless otherwise stated in the brochure a child in a cot is an acceptable addition.
- The Hirers agree to leave the accommodation in a clean and tidy condition and confirm that they and all of them individually will be responsible for reimbursing the Clients the entire cost of making good any damage caused to the accommodation and/or effects therein.
- Since the booking of the accommodation to the Hirers is for holiday purposes only, the Hirers will not enjoy any security of tenure as tenants or otherwise.
- One pet is allowed where it is specified in the description of the property, provided the pet is small, house-trained and under control at all times.
- The Hirers must arrive at the accommodation after 2 PM on the day or arrival and leave before 10 am on the day of departure. If departure is delayed the Clients reserve the right to re-enter the accommodation without any notice to the Hirers.
- No booking of any accommodation is complete, unless and until it is confirmed in writing by Shaw’s Holidays.
- If the hirers are not satisfied with the accommodation, they should contact the Clients immediately and attempt to resolve the problem.
- For the avoidance of doubt, it is agreed and declared that the contract at law is between the Client and the Hirers.